Crabstero is a simple Discord bot which generates sentences based on how users talk. It holds a special
"personality" in each text channel, making it unique even if it is used in different servers. The sentences it
generates are usually nonsense, making it a great bot to have nonversations with.
Setup and Usage
To set up Crabstero in your server, use the invite link above. Upon arrival, it will automatically start learning
from new messages and will be ready to use.
To use Crabstero, simply include a mention to it in your message. The mention can be anywhere in the message, as
long as it specifically mentions Crabstero. Upon being mentioned, Crabstero will respond with a new sentence.Warning: Every word and image Crabstero outputs is sourced from other users. As a result, Crabstero may output content which is considered rude or inappropriate. Server moderators should moderate Crabstero like a regular user.
Crabstero uses the following permissions for the following purposes:
Warning: Do not give Crabstero any privileged permissions, such as Administrator. It is not a moderation bot and will never have any moderation features. When inviting new bots to your server, always follow the principle of least privilege to protect your server against compromised or rogue bots.
- View Channels - Used to learn from new messages and detect mentions.
- Send Messages - Used to respond to mentions with new sentences.
- Embed Links - Used to occasionally attach embeds to new sentences.
- Read Message History - Used to learn from existing messages when invited to a new server.
- Use External Emojis - Allows Crabstero to use external emojis it learned from other users who have used external emojis.
- Add Reactions - Currently unused, however there are plans to potentially use this permission in the future.
Crabstero has no commands or settings. Instead, Crabstero is configured using Discord's native permissions system. Reference the permissions list above to tune Crabstero's behavior.Example: To make Crabstero ignore mentions in a certain channel, create a permission override in the channel which denies Crabstero's permission to create messages in that channel.
When Crabstero generates a new sentence, it will only use information obtained from the same channel is it being mentioned in. Words are never shared between any different text channels, even if they are in the same server.
When Crabstero learns from a message, only the message's content, its embeds, and the text channel's ID number is stored. No additional information is stored, including any information about the author.